Hi! My name is Karl-Johan Vogelius, or KJ for short. I’m a Stockholm-based design leader.
For 20 years I’ve worked with brilliant people to build products, experiences and brands for companies, big & small.
I'm a strategist at mind and a craftsman at heart. I’m also a father of two, photo enthusiast & I love the outdoors.
Roles 2003 — Now
Head of Product Design
2022 — Now
2017 — 2022
2017 - 2018
Digital Design Director
2008 - 2017
2007 - 2008
EasyPark 2022 — Now
I’m currently the head of product design at EasyPark Group – innovating within parking and mobility services.
Klarna 2017 — 2022
I spent 5 years working as design lead for payments at Klarna – a payment provider and bank.
My work at Klarna →
Nord DDB 2008 — 2017
I previously worked almost a decade agency side, mainly at Nord DDB.
Here I honed my craft and built an understanding for how to create design that resonates, while delivering award winning work in branding, web, advertising and product design.
Some work I’m proud of:
- I pitched for, set the direction for and worked with a small team to deliver an award winning rebranding of the Swedish Armed Forces
- I worked on several award winning campaings for Volkswagen, for instance The Fun Theory
- I lead the design work for a full website and digital presence overhaul as well as the creation of a new design system for Ericsson
- I lead a design team in launching a rebrand of over 500 touchpoints for Telia
Odds & ends
Some additional things I’ve pursued:
- In 2011 was the first designer at Apprl, a platform allowing influencers and brands to collaborate effectively, create shoppable content and track the performance. I worked with the founders to create and launch the first version of the core offering. Apprl subsequently raised $4.3m in funding before being acquired in 2021.
- During 2007-2008 I worked at UIQ — the company supplying the operating system for Sony Ericsson and Motorola smartphones of the day. This was just around when the first iPhone released. It was fascinating to work in this industry while it was changing so quickly.
- I’ve built a generator for Swedish example text.
- I enjoy photography and occasionally write about camera gear.
- Studied at Hyper Island (Bachelor of Design) graduating in 2004.